CELEBRATE HARVEST SEASON WITH A FOOD, WINE & BEER TASTING AT STEW LEONARD’S
Event to Benefit Norwalk Exchange Club and Stew Leonard III Children’s Charities
NORWALK, Conn., September 10, 2012 – Join the wine specialists from Stew Leonard's Wines of Norwalk as we celebrate harvest season at a food, wine and beer tasting! More than 65 wines and beers will be featured, as well as a menu of seasonal fare freshly prepared by Stew Leonard’s culinary team.
The event takes place on Thursday, October 18, 2012 from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. at Stew Leonard's food store, located at 100 Westport Avenue in Norwalk. Tickets are $40 per person and all proceeds will benefit The Norwalk Exchange Club, which will use the funds raised to benefit local community organizations in the City of Norwalk as well as Stew Leonard III Children’s Charities.
“We’re very proud to have partnered for the third year in a row with Norwalk Exchange Club,” says Stew Leonard, Jr., President and CEO of Stew Leonard's Wines. "We are additionally grateful to the Norwalk Exchange Club for donating 50% of the event’s proceeds to the Stew Leonard III Children’s Charities. Last summer in Norwalk alone, Stew Leonard III Children’s Charities taught more than 400 children to swim through our grant and scholarship programs. The money raised on October 18 will in part help to continue our mission of keeping all kids safe around the water.”
“We are extremely grateful to Stew Leonard for his continued support of the Norwalk Exchange Club and all the local charities we support. This year we are looking forward to another successful event and helping fund the Stew Leonard III Children's Charities to teach more children to learn to swim in the future,” said Exchange Club President Angela Lepore.
Stew Leonard's Wine specialists have hand-picked a selection of local craft beers as well as wines that complement the flavors of the fall harvest season. Notable bottles include:
- Charter Oak Brewing ($8.99/6 pack): Charter Oak's 1687 Brown Ale is brewed in an American style, which is slightly more robust than the traditional English Brown Ale. This beer is brewed to a dark copper shade and is somewhat sweet and malty with distinctive toasted flavors from both premium specialty roasted and chocolate malted barley, also allowing for a faint undertone of caramel.
- Cottrell Brewing Company ($8.99/6 pack): Cottrell Brewing Company is a Connecticut-based microbrewery, manufacturing delicious craft beers a fine New England tradition. We’ll taste their Old Yankee Ale, which is a medium bodied, American Amber Ale, as well as Perry’s Revenge Scotch Ale, a malty beast at 8.5% with nice round notes of chocolate and raisin.
- DiGrazia Vineyards Honey Blush ($15.99): A famous blend of honey and grapes from a local vineyard in Brookfield, Conn. The wine is full-bodied and has a robust flavor, with the honey used in place of preservatives. With no detectable sulfites (less than 10 parts per million), the shelf life is three to five years. It is additionally vegan friendly and organically processed.
- Bogle Phantom ($19.99): Bogle’s heady apparition of fierce berry and sensual spice haunts wine lovers! Rich black raspberries and briary boysenberries vividly surround the nose and palate, while the decadence of cocoa-dusted pomegranate is enticingly complex.
Stew Leonard’s Wines, located at 55 Westport Avenue in Norwalk, will additionally extend their hours that night until 9 p.m. so that guests will enjoy a 15% off discount on their purchase of any wine and beer being sampled that night. *Wines and beers already listed at state minimum and/or on sale will be excluded.
Stew Leonard's team of chefs has prepared a menu of seasonal fare to complement the variety of wines and beers being served, including:
- Lobster Bruschetta
- Portabella Mushroom with Crab Meat and Pecorino Romano
- Marinated Grilled Asparagus with Prosciutto
- Chicken Quesadilla with Guacamole and Sour Cream
- Baked Mini Red Bliss Potato stuffed with Chicken a la Reine
- California Roll with Ginger and Wasabi
- Corn & Pumpkin Fritter
- Assortment of International Cheeses with Artisan Bread & Crackers
- Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate
- Mini Pastry
Tickets can be purchased at Stew Leonard's Wines of Norwalk located at 55 Westport Ave.; Mane St. Salon at 6 Main Street, Norwalk; Luke’s Auto Body at 104 W. Cedar St, Norwalk; or by contacting the Exchange Club at 203.424.1122.
About Exchange Club
Exchange, America's Service Club, is a group of men and women working together to make our communities better places to live through programs of service in Americanism, Community Service, Youth Activities, and its national project, the Prevention of Child Abuse.
About Stew Leonard's Wines of Norwalk
Stew Leonard's Wines, named the 2011 Wine Enthusiast Retailer of the Year, is known for the personal service it provides to customers and its knowledgeable staff, many of whom are certified wine professionals. The store carries 2,600 wines from around the world, including more than 200 bottles of hard-to-find, highly rated wines in the fine wine cellar. Sign up to be notified of future events via email by filling out a form at the store. Visit www.stewswines.com for more information.