CHEERS TO 5 YEARS IN SPRINGFIELD!
Stew Leonard’s Wines Celebrates Five Years in Springfield, N.J. with Five Days of Tasting Events
Join Stew Leonard’s Wines we raise a glass to the township of Springfield and celebrate 5 years of happy customers! To help mark the occasion, Stew’s Wines has put together a calendar of tastings of their best-selling and customers’ most-loved wines, spirits, and beers:
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Local Beer Tasting with Rinn Duin Brewery from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Hailing from Toms River, N.J., Rinn Duin Brewery will be on hand to give customers samples of their refreshingly crisp Lawnmower Blonde Ale and St. Johns Amber Lager, a classic Irish-style brew. Six-packs of each will be available at the special price of $8.99 (regularly $9.99).
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Penfolds Tasting from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Penfolds Educational Seminar & Tasting from 6:00 – 6:45 p.m. (customers may register in advance)
Established in 1844, Penfolds has played a pivotal role in the evolution of winemaking in Australia – and across the world. Led by Susan Pajak from Treasury Wine Estates, the seminar will cover Australian wine growing regions as well as an in-depth tasting of Penfolds best-selling wines. Wines to be sampled during both the tasting and seminar include Penfolds Bin 8 Cabernet/Shiraz ($15.98), Penfolds Bin 9 Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 ($15.98 – JS 91pts), Penfolds 311 Chardonnay ($29.98), and Penfolds Bin 51 Riesling 2014 ($29.98 – WS 91pts).
Thursday, September 17, 2015
Bourbon & Whiskey tasting from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Stew’s Wines’ spirits specialists will taste three of our most popular bourbon and whiskeys, including Clyde May’s Whiskey ($33.99), a soft and sweet Alabama style whiskey; Michter’s Small Batch Bourbon ($39.99), a rich and smoky bourbon; and Lagavulin 16-year-old Islay Single Malt Whisky ($89.99), a peaty, smoky whisky from one of the most important distilleries in Scotland.
Friday, September 18, 2015
Beringer Founders’ Estate BBQ from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Customers are invited an all-American BBQ bash with free hot dogs and hamburgers as well as a complimentary tasting of Beringer Founders’ Estate wines. During the event, Stew Leonard’s wine specialists will provide complimentary samples of Beringer’s Founders Estate wines, including Beringer Founders’ Estate Merlot ($7.28), Beringer Founders’ Estate Chardonnay ($7.28), and Beringer Founders’ Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ($7.28).
Lanson Brut Champagne Tasting from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Cheers to the weekend! Rated 90 points by Wine Spectator, Lanson Brut ($43.98) is a lively and fresh champagne, offering aromas of toast and honey with bouquets of ripe fruits and citrus on the palate.
Saturday, September 19, 2015
Join us throughout the day for giveaways, samples from Red Ribbon Pretzels, and even a complimentary cigar rolling! We’ll also welcome our friends from Top of the Mountain Honey Bee Farm in Highland Lakes, N.J., who will display an in-store observational bee hive alongside their local honey.
Sebastiani Wine Tasting & Pizza Truck from Noon – 3:00 p.m.
Stew Leonard’s Wines and Sebastiani Vineyards invite you to enjoy a classic food and wine pairing! Free slices of pizza from the Lost Brothers Italian Lunch Truck will be paired alongside complimentary samples of Sebastiani wines, including:
- Cheese Pizza with Sebastiani Pinot Noir (special price $12.98; regularly $15.99): This Pinot Noir’s good acidity and low tannins hold up to the tomato sauce while complementing the mild mozzarella.
- Sausage Pizza with Sebastiani Cabernet (special price $12.98; regularly $15.99): This Cabernet will cut nicely through the rich, flavorful sausage.
- Vegetable Pizza with Sebastiani Chardonnay (special price $10.98; regularly $13.99): The lush fruit in this Chardonnay will enhance the vegetables, not dominate them as a rich red wine would.
2010 Wine Tasting from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Join the wine specialists for a tasting of four of our favorite, best-selling 2010 vintages that are very rarely opened at the tasting table. Wines to be sampled include:
- Caymus Special Selection Cabernet Sauvignon ($199.98 – WS 96pts): A seductive style that’s openly fruity, showing supple plum and black cherry notes, with floral scents and spices, turning creamy and gaining a mocha-espresso-vanilla scent.
- Marchese di Barolo Cannubi ($99.99 – WA 95pts): From Barolo’s most celebrated single-vineyard, the 2010 Barolo Cannubi is a deeply floral and elegant expression with sharp contours that give the wine a sense of focus and definition.
- Silver Oak Alexander ($65.98): A vibrant, elegant expression of this classic appellation from a cooler vintage. It has an enticing nose of cassis liqueur, blueberry coulis, tobacco, tarragon and roasting coffee.
- Banfi Brunello di Montalcino ($54.98 – JS 95pts): Fabulous aromas of dried rose petal, orange peel, and oyster shell with hints of dark fruits.
Stew Leonard’s Wines opened in Springfield, N.J. in September 2010. A customer-driven wine retailer, Stew’s Wines prides itself on providing consumers with quality wines at great prices, world-class customer service and a pleasant shopping experience that takes the intimidation factor out of selecting wines. Each wine store is independently owned and operated and is not part of a cooperative buying group, or affiliated with the Stew Leonard’s food stores. Visit www.stewswines.com for more information.
Stew Leonard’s Wines of Springfield, 901 Mountain Avenue, Springfield, NJ, 07081
Store phone for customer questions: 908-379-2930
Meghan Bell, Stew Leonard’s Wines, 203.750.6107, [email protected]