6TH ANNUAL WINE, WHISKY & LOCAL CRAFT BEER TASTING AT STEW LEONARD’S TO BENEFIT NORWALK EXCHANGE CLUB
Tasting Menu Includes More than One-Dozen Beers & Liqueurs from Connecticut
NORWALK, Conn., October 1, 2015 – Join the wine specialists from Stew Leonard’s Wines of Norwalk as we celebrate harvest season with our sixth annual Wine, Whiskey and Craft Beer Tasting benefitting the Norwalk Exchange Club! More than 100 wines, whiskies, and beers will be featured, as well as a menu of seasonal fare freshly prepared by Stew Leonard’s culinary team.
The event takes place on Thursday, November 5, 2015 from 6:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M. at Stew Leonard’s food store, located at 100 Westport Avenue in Norwalk. Tickets are $40 per person and all proceeds will benefit The Norwalk Exchange Club, which will use the funds raised to help fight and prevent child abuse in Fairfield County.
“The Norwalk Exchange Club is looking forward to another exciting wine tasting event to be held at Stew Leonard’s store. We appreciate Mr. Leonard’s generosity in making his facility available to us. All of the proceeds from this fundraiser will go back into the local community to help fight and prevent child abuse.”, said Exchange Club President Ralph Corasaniti.
New this year is the addition of six craft beers and liqueurs, all of which are made right here in the Nutmeg State. Local craft beers to be tasted include City Steam from Hartford, CT; Half Full from Stamford, CT; Two Roads from Stratford, CT; and Black Hog, from Oxford, CT. There will also be available two new locally owned liqueurs for tasting: Polly & Joan’s Cold- Soaked in Premium Vodka Fruit Cordials ($19.99 750ml/$12.99 375ml) from Wallingford, CT and Wild Moon Liqueurs from Hartford, CT ($19.99 375ml).
Stew Leonard’s Wine specialists have hand-picked a selection of wines that complement the flavors of the fall harvest season. Notable wines to be tasted include:
- 2012 Beringer Private Reserve Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon (SALE price $99.99): Rated 96 points by Robert Parker. A classic, quintessential Napa Cabernet Sauvignon to drink now and over the next 20-25 years Great with prime rib, NY strip or ribeye steaks, and cheeseburgers, too!
- 2010 Caparzo Brunello di Montalcino (SALE price $29.99-save $10): Rated 95 points by James Suckling. From the highly acclaimed, “2010 Vintage of the Century” this Italian beauty is intense and elegant. Perfect for turkey, lamb or beef tenderloin.
- 2013 Far Niente Napa Valley Chardonnay (SALE price $44.99 save $10): Offers aromas of Meyer lemon, toasted nuts and fig. Perfect accompaniment to seafood risotto, turkey, lobster or shrimp in creamy or buttery sauces.
- Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir (SALE price $19.99): Rated 92pts by Wine Spectator. A customer favorite! Pair this wine with dishes that include mushrooms or cranberries and it will certainly be a homerun! Great with turkey, skirt steak and salmon.
In addition to this already robust tasting menu, Laphroig Single Malt Scotch 10 year old ($41.99) will be sampled alongside bourbons and ryes such as Basil Hayden ($37.99), Knob Creek Rye ($37.99) and Maker’s Mark 46 ($32.99). All guests will also enjoy trying Crispin Honey Crisp and Saint Ciders (12oz. bottles $6.99).
To complement the array of fall flavors offered by the wine, beer, and spirits, Stew’s Chefs will offer a Paella Station with an array of chicken, sausage, fish and more to choose from. Additional menu items include:
- Spicy Tuna Rolls with Four Color Tobiko
- BLT Orzo Pasta Salad in Cherry Tomato Cups
- Pulled Pork Donuts with Bacon Jam
- Turkey Sliders with Roasted Tomato, Grilled Zucchini & Avocado Butter
- Cheeseburger Ravioli with Chipotle Salsa
- Olive & Antipasti Bar with Grilled Artisan Breads
Stew Leonard’s bakery team will additionally offer a selection of sweet treats at the end of the night, including freshly baked Pumpkin Brownies, Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes, and Pumpkin Raisin Cookies.
Stew Leonard’s Wines, located at 55 Westport Avenue in Norwalk, will extend their hours that night until 9 p.m. so that guests can purchase any wine, whiskies and beer being sampled that night.
Tickets can be purchased at Stew Leonard’s Wines of Norwalk located at 55 Westport Ave.; Mane St. Salon at 6 Main Street, Norwalk; or by contacting the Exchange Club at 203.424.1122.
About Exchange Club
Exchange, America’s Service Club, is a group of men and women working together to make our communities better places to live through programs of service in Americanism, Community Service, Youth Activities, and its national project, the Prevention of Child Abuse.
About Stew Leonard’s Wines of Norwalk
Stew Leonard’s Wines, named the 2011 Wine Enthusiast Retailer of the Year, is known for the personal service it provides to customers and its knowledgeable staff, many of whom are certified wine professionals. The store carries 2,600 wines from around the world, including more than 200 bottles of hard-to-find, highly rated wines in the fine wine cellar. Sign up to be notified of future events via email by filling out a form at the store. Visit www.stewswines.com for more information.